Civil Engineering Associate
Samagra is a Gates Foundation supported award winning social enterprise start-up that works with urban slum communities to provide essential services like sanitation, financial inclusion, health and child services.
Samagra is looking for a passionate Civil Engineer/Architect with burning desire to create change by innovating solutions that empower the underprivileged communities.
We call it DESIGN WITH EMPATHY:
For us, Toilet Design is as much about ART as it is about SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. We strive to design buildings that promote usage and behavior change.
MORE ABOUT SAMAGRA:
Samagra Summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTvbCj5U-4
Women Entrepreneurs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPqNetORJU
– Design of Sanitation Facilities and Toilets for the Urban Poor
– Design of Sanitation Facilities and Toilets for schools
– Renovation of Existing Sanitation Facilities and Toilets
– Design of community centers that include – Day Care Centers, Health Centers, Livelihood Centers
- Information/Data Collection:
– Visiting the work sites, taking pictures of issues and surroundings, taking measurements of the buildings, stalls etc.
– Collecting information from end users
- Documentation & Reporting:
– Writing and presenting reports and proposals, assisting in applications and contracts
– Documenting the issues
- Solution Design & Implementation:
– Suggesting a suitable, low-cost, robust, vandalism proof design for facilities.
– Creating building designs and detailed 2D /3D drawings in AutoCAD
– Liaising with construction professionals and Engineers
– Specifying the requirements for a project
– Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
– Visiting regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
– Passion, Dedication, Purpose
– Hardworking and Professional Attitude
– Ability to take criticisms constructively
– Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D/3D designs and Ability to read hand drawn 2D/3D plans
– Knowledge of a 3D modelling tool is a plus
– Very comfortable with site visits
– Civil Engineering and Construction Management
– Site Supervision, Labor and Contractor Management
Samagra uses ICT Technologies, Behavioral Sciences and Human Centered Design to make these services accessible, affordable and awesome for the Poor.
- Samagra’s Mission: “To enable the Urban Poor lead healthier and dignified lives”
- Samagra’s Innovation: Design + Technology + Sustainable Biz Model
- Formed in 2012, we are currently providing awesome sanitation services to over 10,000+ daily users across 10 Locations in 4 slums in Pune. We learn new things every day and are busy making shit happen
- Team Size: 23
- Location of Work: Pune, India
- Salary: Very Competitive Salary commiserate with experience
- Work Experience – 2 to 4 years